Private Investigations and Personal Security/Security Guard Prospects

Question
I am thinking of becoming a corporate security guard in NYC. I am 39 years old and have no experience. I only have a little experience as a office and stock worker which is not relevant to the job. I wear glasses. I can do 25 pushups and run a very slow mile. Should I even be thinking about this?

Answer
David,
Of course! I know this sounds like a cliche but you can do anything you desire. If you are dedicated to making the changes internally or externally (if applicable), you can & should pursue it.
Ultimately, if you haven't already conducted the appropriate research into this profession, please do so.
There are different levels of threat & risk associated with corporate security. The term Corporate Security can be utilized for a variety of security services. It applies to those individuals that provide internal & external security at a Corporate facility. This term is also used for those that provide Executive Protection services for Corporate Executives that are at a higher than normal risk to have violence perpetrated against their person, property & family. This type of Corporate Security requires much more training, has a higher level of risk of violence and therefore demands higher compensation. With this type of Corporate Security, the Executive dictates what the qualifications are for those that provide protective services for him and or his family. This Executive may demand that those he/she employs be women, or 260 pounds Asian male or have former Law Enforcement or military training, etc...
What is most important that you do the research, obtain the appropriate training and do what is necessary to make sure that you are marketable to the masses. Being marketable to the masses will help insure that you can be competitive during a slow economy. Although, it is always good to specialize and have a niche market.
I wore glasses years ago when I started out in the security profession. Your eyes are your most valued asset. Realizing that, I had laser eye surgery almost 10 years ago and believe that was probably the best investment in myself that I have made so far. Although, no everyone has the same feeling about laser eye surgery as I do. Glasses & contacts are no longer a part of my life, but you should do what is best for you, your family and do what is within your means.

I hope that helps. sorry I was so long winded. Much success and Gold Bless.

“The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts”

Best  regards,
         PICA= Voices United
Claude Ammons - Qualified Manager
Email addy. - Claude@Corinthian-Group.com
2009 PICA President
http://www.PICANow.com
PICA4You@Gmail.com

Alpha & Omega Foundation Enterprises Inc. DBA...
Corinthian Group/P.I. # 23070
517 N. Mountain Ave. # 118
Upland, Ca 91786
Toll Free # (877) OUR-EYEZ = 687-3939
Bus. # (909) 931-3595  Fax # (909) 923-7297
Mobile # (909) 376-5609
Member:  N.C.I.S.S.
2009 P.I.C.A.- President
S.C.F.I.A.
W.A.D
BNI-Upland Chapter Member
“The World's Largest Referral Organization”

Visit us at http://www.Investigate4You.com  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Claude Ammons