Private Investigations and Personal Security/Email Intrusion

Hello.  Is there a law being broken if a soon to be ex husband is getting into his soon to be ex wives email account (gmail?)  What recourse does that wife have?

The best recourse is prevention.  Change your password to something he will not be able to guess.  Have your computer checked to be sure it does not have any applications that would record your keystrokes when you type your password.

There are several organizations that deal specifically with electronic harassment.  Check their websites for additional information:
Working to Halt Online Abuse
Safety Net Project of Nat'l Network to end DV
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse http://www.privacyrights.org

Good luck, and stay safe,
 - Lyn

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Lyn Bates

Are you being stalked? I can help evaluate the amount of danger you are in, and can provide very specific suggestions for increasing your safety, and for managing your situation. As a founding member and the current Vice President of AWARE (a volunteer, nonprofit organization), I have helped thousands of women learn to protect themselves from crimes ranging from minor harassment to serious assault. I am currently writing a book on safety for stalking victims. I have lectured at annual training meetings of the American Society of Law Enforcement Training, Women in Federal Law Enforcement, the International Women Police Association, the American Society of Criminology, and the American Women`s Self-Defense Association. In 1997, the American Tactical Shooting Association gave me their annual Tactical Advocate Award for teaching and writing.