Private Investigations and Personal Security/slander

I am asking this question on behalf of my boyfriend who is a retired NYC detective who loved his job and was loyal throughout his whole career.  Recently he was named in the Gotti trial by some dirt bag witness (Alite) as a dirty cop who gave info to the crime family along with 4 other cops.  None of them were found guilty.  He was never contacted by anyone, he was never questioned, but yet the relentless press showed up at his house and put his picture in the paper.  He never had any connection with anyone in the crime family, but yet his whole career can be defamed because some dirt bag used his name in court?  Is there no justice?  The man is devastated.  His kids were exposed to all the publicity and he feels he can never get another job because of the bad reputation someone else has brought upon him.  I'm sure there are no answers to this and he should just grin and bear it and I must be really naive to think that this sort of thing does not go on.  Was just wondering anyone thoughts.

Your question is a legal one, not investigative.   It might be an idea to seek the advice of a lawyer to determine if your boyfriend meets the elements for a civil claim for slander.  An investigation firm help you obtain the evidence to bring your claim forward once you have retained a lawyer.

Kevin ..  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Kevin Bousquet

Questions relating to the law and private investigators, trying to collect a judgment, child support, asset investigation, corporate investigation, due diligence, finding missing persons. Closing a safe business deal. Fraud and Fraud Avoidance Issues. Trying to collect from people working for cash. The Corpa Group Inc. is a 17 year old agency. Kevin Bousquet has been in the private investigation business since he was 19. Now in his 40s Kevin runs one of the top agencies in North America.

Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Collection

Law Enf Grad (honours)1986, Law/Legal Admin 1991, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Fraud Investigator (CFI), Currently working on the designation English, French, Japanese. Owner Corpa Investigation since 1991.

This is always a private issue.