Private Investigations and Personal Security/Pepper spray - Mase - OC Spray

Question
Hi, I work personal security and club security at many night clubs in the northern part of NJ  - what TRAINING and POLICIES FOR USE of
AEROSOL DEFENSIVE DEVICES  are in place to protect my rights if i was trained and certified for Pepper spray - Mase - OC Spray  training; by Guns for Hire.

Answer
You don't even have to be trained to carry mace/pepper spray in New Jersey.

The New Jersey Penal Code says"

Any non-felon 18 or over may possess for the purpose of self-defense "one pocket-sized device which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not ordinarily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury, but rather is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air". Section 2C:39-6i

As you can see by the wording " chemical substance",  this law applies to both Mace and Pepper Spray alike.

Your training is good in terms of limiting your potential civil liability for alleged misuse of the devices.

good luck  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Nichols (Nic) J. Smith