Private Investigations and Personal Security/Reverse cell directory info?

Question
A close friend received a series of harassing calls from a cell phone number. The caller knows her name and speaks her language, so she's worried it's more than just a random prank call. But he made no explicit threats, so the police won't get involved.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for information on the registered phone owner, but I've read very unfavorable reviews of Intelius and the other popular reverse-directory outfits. It also seems like most of them only promise "available info" for the paid info, which may or may not be any better than what I've been able to glean by simple lookups of the area code and prefix (in this case, Orlando and Cingular).

What service(s) would you recommend?

Answer
None of the commercially available databases contain unlisted telephone numbers, which is what makes them, as you very accurately pointed out, no better than doing simple lookups with area code and prefix.

I cannot recommend any commercial database for phone numbers.

Having said that, it is possible, using other resources, to develop names and addresses for emails and phone numbers, both.

We charge $250 for any unlisted telephone number or non-directoried email. We provide both the name and address of the current subscriber.

regards,

Nic Smith

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Nichols (Nic) J. Smith