Private Investigations and Personal Security/finding one person

can you tell me what is involved in finding one person who is known to have lived in Montreal Canada and last word Paris France 2007? if I hired a private investigator what should I ask for or look out for in terms of costs/expenses? also what if the issue is sensative enough that the person I would be looking for doesn't want any attention and contacting them would not be an option I ask for...just to know where they are and to know they are fine? in that way how do private investigators they do as they are asked or will a p.i. do something like contact the person that is being sought on induvidual initiative to see if everything is OK with that person?

The fees for PI work vary from state to state. It is hard to say how much a PI would charge for this. Most ethical private investigators will not and should not release the information about where this person is to you, unless the person wants them to. In most cases we locate someone and as long as they are an adult and left of their own free will, we will notify our client that they have been located and been advised that our client wants to contact them or be contacted. We generally charge a retainer for the first 10 hour of a locate but we are a lot less expensive than most firms. After that the client is under a contract and will decide whether to continue the investigation or not.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Chris Cantrell

Most investigation related questions including General Investigations, Surveillance, Undercover work, Accident Investigations, Missing persons, Evidence related questions and person security/protection questions. I do not prefer to answer domestic related questions such as divorce or child custody but I would be glad to review them.

Former Law Enforcement officer, Narcotics Agent, Investigator and Chief of Police Licensed Private Investigator and VP Alabama Private Investigator's Association Private Investigator Instructor

APIA Alabama Association of Private Investigators (Vice President) Alabama Narcotics Officers Association AARS - Alabama Association of Rescue Squads NASAR – National Association of Search & Rescue National Association of Investigative Specialist

Author - Professional’s Guide to Auto Repossession. Published 1997 by Thomas Publications Author – “Badges….we don’t need no stinkin’ badges” published in Professional Repossessor Magazine. Guest speaker 2001 ASAFS “Alternative, Alternate Light Source

MLPI Managing the Lost Person Incident Urban SAR Operations Certified Accident Investigator Rappelling Instructor Certification Injured/Officer Down Rescue Course Physical Surveillance School Introduction to Highway/Rural Drug Investigation Undercover Operations & Risk Management Undercover Violence Transitioning from State to Federal Prosecution PTSD in Undercover Operations Audio Recovery of Undercover Cases Clan Lab, Meth Addiction & Booby Trap Familiarization Officer Safety, High Risk Event Planning – Level 1 Forensics and Domestic Violence Training Introduction to Clandestine Lab Investigations Certification Police Management Level 1 Dealing effectively with the External Environment Diversity, Understanding People and Cultures Managing for Effectiveness Ethics Rave/Club Drugs Seminar Controlled FORCE Instructor certification Patrol Officers Response to Street Narcotics Kinesic Interview and Interrogation Evidence Technician Course

Rescuer of the Year 2006 – AARS Rescuer of the Quarter – 4th Qtr 2006 2003 American Heart Association – “Cardiac Arrest Warrant” 2003 Adamsville Police Department - Fugitive Apprehension Certificate 2003 Sipsey Volunteer Fire & Rescue – Certificate of Appreciation 2002 Adamsville Police Department - Fugitive Apprehension Certificate 2002 Sipsey Volunteer Fire & Rescue – Certificate of Appreciation 1997 NAIS PI Convention Speaker Award