Private Investigations and Personal Security/Legal research v. Legal Investigation

Hello Mr. Hauck,

Would you say the difference between legal research and legal investigation is that research is done to find facts and other supportive evidence (like stats or photos maybe?) in a legal case and investigation is related to interviews, facts of a case, and ultimately finding the truth?

I realize the two words are closely related, but in terms of legal matters, would you say I'm close to defining each? I appreciate your help in clarifying this for me.

Thank you for your time,

For my purposes and in my opinion you are close.  My definition of legal research is "the process of researching legal cases to see if they are still relevant and pertain to the issues under investigation/review," or words to that effect.  Your definition of both is actually the best definition of a "legal investigation" where facts and supporting evidence must be discovered, clarified, etc.  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Jeffrey Hauck

I would welcome the opportunity to answer questions about the business operations, duties, and ethics of the modern professional private detective/private investigator.

Criminologist. Professor of Criminal Justice. Licensed Private Detective with expansive clientele base encompassing hundreds of cases. Donates resources and time to the Children's Rescue Network in Orlando, FL.

Associate of Science; Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, Doctor of Jurisprudence Degree.