Private Investigations and Personal Security/employee rights

Question
hello,
I have a few questions I hope you can help with about my husbands job.  My husband works at a Goodyear tire shop in Ohio, and in my opinion they are scum.  He has had several issues with them regarding pay.  There was one time in 2009 that some of the employees did not get a paycheck,  to make a long story short they ended up getting a lawyer to try and sue Goodyear because they would not give them their check.  It ended up Goodyear gave them all store credit instead of a check, I do not think this was right but I want to know what you think.  
Other issues my husband has been having with Goodyear is with overtime.  There has been times when they will make my husband work overtime and then make him cut it.  I thought it was illegal for employers to make their employees cut overtime, am I wrong or right?
The most recent problem we are having is with workers compensation. My husband was put on restrictions for a few months because he injured his back at work.  They cut him down to working about four hours, 5 days a week.  A few weeks later after he returned to work they told him that they had been paying him to much on his checks so now they are going to have to deduct how ever much they over paid him out of his upcoming checks.  It just seems to me that this company will do what ever they can to keep from paying their employees what they are owed.  I really hope you can give me some advice, you seemed like they best person to ask.  thank you very much for your time

Answer
Amanda,

I recommend that you seek legal counsel immediately. Why haven't you filed a complaint with the Ohio Department of Commerce? I am not sure what you mean when you say "make him cut overtime." Nonetheless, any issues with labor & overtime should be handled at the state level. I would recommend that you keep and or make copies of any all a records that substantiate your claims.

It my mind, I cannot pay my bills with store credit and there is no way anyone should ever accept store credit as a form of payment. I'm not sure if it is too late to address that issue but I would guess that it is not. I guess it would also come down to your state's statute of limitation, if applicable.

With regards to the workers compensation issue, if they over payed him then it is legal for them to correct the error.

I hope that you quickly seek an experienced labor law attorney.

Good luck! Hope this helps...

Best regards,

Claude Ammons
Corinthian Group
CA PI # 26978/23070
http://www.Corinthian-Group.com
(877) 687-3939  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Claude Ammons