Private Investigations and Personal Security/Fake Identities

QUESTION: How hard is it to create a fake identity? I'm only asking a writer developing a short story?

ANSWER: William,

Creating a fake identity in of itself is quite easy. However, it is all predicated on what the identity is going to be used for. If the identity is being used for things involving financial matters and or out of country travel, then a fake identity can be much more complicated.

Nonetheless, I will refrain from getting into specifics for obvious reasons. However, there are legal was and illegal ways for creating an alternate identity. If you have the resources and the coin, there are always people willing to create fake identities for nefarious & legitimate purposes...

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Claude Ammons-Founder
Corinthian Group

QUESTION: I asked the question on how easy it was to create a fake identity for a short story: it's loosely based on the "Dark Shadows" TV Series about a vampire living 200 years after he reportedly died and a skeptical detective looking for proof he is who he claims he is. The character claims he was traveling with all his paperwork but it was lost and now the only witnesses to who he is are his descendants to exaggerate the truth. How far could a person lacking a SS# or a birth certificate really last in the real world?

One could have a reasonable existence without proper documentation. It is all predicated on his lifestyle. However, if the character is a Vampire then he or she could easily use their enchanting skills to obtain the needed documentation.

Nonetheless, if the character works in night clubs and diners under the table, they could have the perfect set up for the Vampire lifestyle which necessitates the need for blood from after hours establishments.

Now a days, the use of SS# are restricted to obtaining lines of credit and or traveling abroad. So if the character doesn't plan on purchasing real estate, renting a car/vehicle or traveling out of the country, it is quite probable that they could lead a normal under the radar existence.

There are millions of illegal immigrants in the US that have the ability to obtain gainful employment and even receive medical treatment without an SS#. I would think a Vampire would have a decided advantage over most of us in this regard...

Hope this helps!

“The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts”
With high esteem,
Blessings, Peace & Prosperity!          

Claude D. Ammons - QM
Email addy. –

Surveillance Systems Group Inc.
Corinthian Group: PI # 26978/23070
3175-E Sedona Court
Ontario, CA 91764
Toll Free # (877) OUR-EYEZ / 687-3939
Bus. # (909) 931-3595  Fax # (909) 972-9639
Mobile # (909) 376-5609
2009 P.I.C.A. President
Visit us at

*~* Social Networking Sites *~*

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Claude Ammons

I enjoy answering questions relating to private & general investigations including but not limited to locates, skip tracing, surveillance, stalking, child custody, criminal defense, civil, corporate security/executive protection, workplace violence/threat assessments, personal security, security surveillance systems and GPS tracking/monitoring products & services. Specifically, I answer questions regarding state laws concerning private investigation practices, as well as the best practices & standard operating procedures used by most reputable private investigative firms. I can give you state & federal references when dealing with issues that may or may not be legal in your specific state. IE- Some states have laws which conflict with federal law such as California's "2 party law" for surreptitious audio recordings. I offer tips on how to identify the right investigative firm for your particular case and what type of questions that investigative firm should be asking you. QUICK TIP #1: NEVER hire a Private Investigative firm that is not concerned about providing you a written contract that specifically outlines the agreement and responsibilities of both parties!!! A written contract should be expected & demanded by both investigative firm and client 95% of the time. I have numerous resources and will point you in the right direction. Whether it is hiring an attorney, a specialist or offering tips on conducting LEGAL investigations & research yourself. I offer advise regarding the kind of info you can legally obtain, what's not legal for you to obtain and when you need to hire a professional to obtain the info on your behalf. Lastly, I have over 20 yrs of experience as a Security Professional/Consultant and 12+ yrs within the Investigative profession. As the 2009 President of a state Private Investigation Association, I have professional knowledge, experience & established resources that supply me with the most recent legislative issues & industry trends.

Corinthian Group experience includes but not limited to all areas of surveillance including Workers Compensation Insurance Fraud, Domestic Infidelity Cases, Computer Investigations & Forensics, Personal Injury & Automobile Liabilty, Loss Prevention, theft interviewing & interrogation techniques, Under Cover assignments, Stalking prevention & suppression, surveillance tactics & countermeasures and surveillance system & lighting consultation experience. Corinthian Group also has experience in security consultation & protective services to the corporate & private sector. These services include Bodyguard/Executive Protection, identity theft prevention, work place violence & volitale terminations, GPS tracking/monitoring services, TSCM/Debugging( Technical Surveillance Countermeasures) and security system products & diagramming experience.

2009 PICA President (Professional Investigators of California Association) NCISS (National Council of Investigations & Security Services)-Member CALI (California Association of Licensed Investigators)-Member SCFIA (Southern California Fraud Investigators Association)-Member WAD (World Association of Detectives)-Member

Publications Hellium: Blog: and my m

PSO (Security Course) Weaponless Defense Tai Karate & MMA training Wicklander & Zulawski-Interview & Interrogation Techniques Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST)-832 Level 3 CA State licensed Private Investigator-CA PI # 23070 Law Enforcement Training Center-Computer Investigations

Elected as the Association President of PICA in 2009. PICA was an Association that focused on legislative bills that would have a negative impact on our profession if passed at the state level... PICA was a member oriented association that was positioning itselt to provide its members with resources to help them successful grow and or sustain their businesses. Awarded for presentation of GPS Tracking devices. Honored for service as the 2009 PICA President and the 2008 & 2007 PICA 2nd Vice President respectively.

SCRMA (Southern California Risk Management Associates), Markel Insurance Corporation, Imhoff & Associations (Nationwide Criminal Defense Law Firm). Private clients are Confidential!