Private Investigations and Personal Security/Social Media as a Tool for Investigation

Question
Good day! Iím a Mass Communication student from the Philippines
I would like to ask some questions that I badly needed for my Journalism project. Below are my questions and I hope youíll answer. Thank you so much for your time, and God bless!
1.   In a year, at least how many crime reports are there?
2.   What is the process of investigation?
3.   When was the first time that you used social media as a tool for crime investigation?
4.   Was it an efficient tool in probing the crime?
5.   How many solved cases are there in your place?
6.    How many unsolved cases are there and used the power of social media in the process of investigation?
7.   Do you think including or opting for social media as evidence would make the process different?
8.   In what way would crime investigation be different when social media is added in the picture?
9.   Do you see the future of social media being a tool for crime investigation feasible in your place?
10.   In the advent of social media madness, do you think everyone could be an investigator now?

Answer
Sheila:

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question!  Computer problems and weather.  Here you go:

That literally depends on where you live, big cities have more, smaller places less.  

Simple, really.   Who did it, Why they did it, When they did it, How they did it.  Answer those, you've solved the case.

Myspace, probably around 2004.

Yes, helped ID a stalker.

Our 'solve' rate runs about 75 percent.

Nowadays its one of the first tools we use.  

Probably not, but it does help

Speeds things up.  Sometimes bad guys actually pose with evidence or weapons.

Part of our investigative process now.  So yes.

It certainly could happen, but there is more to it than just checking social media to see if someone is bragging about crimes.   But it certainly makes it easier to see if someone is a potential criminal.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Jason Grabill