Private Investigations and Personal Security/Unwanted home camaras

My ex to be husband put cameras on a building we have like a 3 car garage behind the main house that I live in with my son alone. He makes cabinets in part of the building  and I breed  yorkies in the other part.i don't want the camaras there because I feel he is stalking me when I walk my dogs he don't with me no more going through a bad divorce. We both own the property but I live in the main house. Can I take them down or hummer them down because he refuse to take them down but I live there and don't want them what can I Do???

Remember, I am NOT giving you legal advice. For that, you will need to contact a local attorney.

My opinion is that so long as both of you are on the deed, either one of you can do whatever you want to the property, without the permission of the other, unless there has been some court order to the contrary.

You can take them down, paint the lens black, disconnect them or whatever, and he can come along the next day and reverse what you did! However, if you disposed of the cameras he would need to purchase new ones again and that can become expensive! You take them down and he replaces them. No cost to you, but costs to him.

Why not ask him to look at the monitors or at a video, and work it out with him to swing the cameras away from you, to your satisfaction? That would make more sense and be less hostile as well. If there was a camera that still was of concern after it had be swung away, then that one could be relocated. (You could also call in an independent video person to oversee the repositioning, which would give you a witness for the future if you needed it).

It would be in everyone's best interest to attempt to work out a compromise by adjusting the filed of view, taking care that he did not swing them back when you were not aware.

In a nutshell: Yes, you can take them down, Yes, he can replace them but compromising on a solution would be the most beneficial solution to both of you.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Harvey E. Morse

Private Investigation, missing people, missing heirs to estates, probate research, law enforcement issues.

Private Investigator since 1970, law enforcement commander, international expert court withness, licensed instructor, photographic evidence, chain of custody, witness statements, interview procedures and questions, locating missing people, locating relatives, crime scene analysis, governmental laws and rules pertainng to private nvestigation and law enforcement, internal affairs investigations, pre- employment screening and background investigation techniques, lecturer and tv & raio personality

World Association od Detectives -Life Member American Society for Industrial Security -Life Member Florida Association of Private Investigators -Founder Florida Police Chiefs Aasociation International Association of Chiefs of Police International Police Association Volunteer Law Enforcement Officers Assn. - Director Better Business Bureau - Past President Federal Investigators Association - Charter Member Museum of Arts and Scieneses - Director and Past Asst. Treasurer Daytona Symphony Society - Vice President Florida Board of Certified Investigators - Past Chairman, and VP Board of Accredited Investigators - Director University Club - Past Firector Halifax River Yacht Club - Past Director Temple Israel - Past President Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternit - Life Member Police Benevolent Association And others

ASIS - International Magazine Genealogical Publications Blogs Websites Daytona Beach News Journal Law Enforcement Journals

Boston University Suffolk University Law School Florida Police Academy Real Estate Schools Ongoing monthly law enforcement training Ongoing monthly private investigative education Other training

Numerous awards and commendations Florida Senate State of Florida Secretary of State Florida Assn. of Private Investigatirs Florida Certified Invesigator Board Accredited Investigator FOP Law Enforcement

Confidential pursuant to State Statute Fortune 500 companies Politicians Business Executives Citizens Thousands of lawyers Media TV stations Radio Stations Newspapers