Private Investigations and Personal Security/Follow-up question :Finding the address history of a deceased.

QUESTION: Mr. Bousquet:

In Ontario, how can I find out the address history of a deceased person.
I have their full name, the exact date of their death, and their address at death. I have checked their will, but have not found anything.

The year of death is 2001, and I'm looking for their address in 1995-1996, I also have the name of their spouse, who is also deceased.

ANSWER: I am afraid there is no such centralized database for this information.

If the name is uncommon you can try some of the old criss cross directories that you may find at the library. There are also older versions of the white pages on CD rom as well. Teledirect also had such directories.

Can you not find any other family or friends who may offer assistance?  What about his last known job or was the deceased retired ? Do you know if the deceased owned property or rented ?

I would be interested to know the reason why the date is so important to you.

QUESTION: Hi Mr. Bousquet, my follow-up question;

Is it accessible for the public to check past tax returns of others?
I would think the tax return of 1995/6 would have their address for that year.

The reason it's important is I've started an Heir Finding service.

I would first of point out that a Missing Heir Finding Service in Ontario is a licensed Private Investigator profession.  You must hold an agency license to conduct this service.  Lack of a license could lead to fines and imprisonment.  Yet again it must be an agency not an individual license. You will also need liability insurance and bonding.  The OPP are cracking down on this.

Return information is not public whatsoever.   I have no other suggestions when it comes to pinning down a subject to a specific DATE TO AN ADDRESS.  The work we do here involves finding missing heirs of the estate.   This will be a difficult one.  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Kevin Bousquet

Questions relating to the law and private investigators, trying to collect a judgment, child support, asset investigation, corporate investigation, due diligence, finding missing persons. Closing a safe business deal. Fraud and Fraud Avoidance Issues. Trying to collect from people working for cash. The Corpa Group Inc. is a 17 year old agency. Kevin Bousquet has been in the private investigation business since he was 19. Now in his 40s Kevin runs one of the top agencies in North America.

Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Collection

Law Enf Grad (honours)1986, Law/Legal Admin 1991, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Fraud Investigator (CFI), Currently working on the designation English, French, Japanese. Owner Corpa Investigation since 1991.

This is always a private issue.