Private Investigations and Personal Security/What happens when you try and

Question
What happens when you try and get information from a person? He says that you canít get it with out a valid Icelandic court order or similar order from Icelandic authorities. This is because all the data is hosted on a computer server in Iceland, and outside the US and EU legal jurisdiction.

Answer
The simple answer is that all jurisdictions have there own process or procedures for obtaining anything from a government system or source that isn't a public record.  If you are trying to obtain documents from a court, police of judicial  body then the person(s) informing you that you may need a court order could be correct.

You could always contact the handling court jurisdiction and inquiry about their local procedure for have the information you are seeking released.

I hope this clears things up for you, if not please be more specific as to what you are trying to obtain, and I may be able to provide you a more detailed way to locate the documents your are seeking.

Respectfully,
WP

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Warren Pulley