Private Investigations and Personal Security/Bugging on my phone

Question
What should I do about my phone being bugged?

Answer
I assume you mean your home phone that is "hard wired," not a cellphone, since room telephones are easier to bug.  It is very hard to know for sure whether your phone is bugged or not., but here are some suggestions.

Call your phone company and talk to someone in their security department about what they can do to help determine the status of your phone.

Hire a professional security company to examine your phone.  (This could get expensive.)

An inexpensive way to be sure that nobody overhears any private conversation on your phone is to assume that your phone is bugged, and just don't use it for important calls.  Use friends' phones, cellphones, or public phones.  That's a little inconvenient, but very secure!

Stay safe,
      Lyn Bates

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Lyn Bates