Private Investigations and Personal Security/FOLLOW UP QUESTION

Question
QUESTION: Since you have knowledge of missing persons, i am writing to tell you that I am working on a story in which a private investigator is hired to find a missing teen last seen with her boyfriend. (He didn't do it, it turns out his father killed the girl) But how would you conduct an investigation to look for her?  And what clues might lead an investigator to suspect the father had something to do with the disappearance?

Thanks.

ANSWER: It's going to take me forever to explain all the methods on how to locate a missing person.  I am sorry I can't help on this it's just too time consuming to give up methods.

Kind Regards

K.

QUESTION: I'm sorry, I didn't mean I wanted ALL the methods PI use in track missing persons. Just how might he find the one girl in my story? I'm sorry if i wasn't clear.

Thanks.

Answer
I would need to know all the issues before I open a file.

Normally with respect to teens some things come into play like cell phone records, interviews with friends, hang outs, if she has a credit card I would suspect the father might look at the bill for clues. (teens don't normally have credit cards).

If she had a cell phone the father might have had access to her cell phone bill and the calls which would be a big clue in finding her. You may want to work this aspect to no end.

I would really need to know everything to answer this question but this is about as far as I can go with your answer.  

To be honest the trace work I do relates more to people like witnesses, parties to legal matters, parties to collection matters, debtors etc..  

I really won't take on a missing teen case these days unless its an abduction by a parent in which case my trace work is on the parent to find the teen.

Respectfully

Kevin Bousquet

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Kevin Bousquet