Private Investigations and Personal Security/Ho w should I do?

I received certified mail from ex-employer, can I reject it?

He keeps harrassing me, he always take adventange of me, he says he want to sue me for his business lose.  How to protect myself, should I move?

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with a former employer.  

I think that you can refuse to accept any mail that is addressed to you, even if it is certified.  You should call your post office, or go to the post office and ask, to be sure that this is true.

Is your former boss stalking you?  Staking laws are different in every state, so I can't say for sure, but you can check your state's laws at or

It sounds like you may need to talk to a lawyer to determine whether what your ex-employer is doing is legal or not, and what your rights are.  Your local Bar Association or women's shelter probably has a referral service to help you find the type of lawyer you need, at a price you can afford.  Some online resources include:
You can also try terms like FIND LAWYER MASSACHUSETTS (with your state substituted there) in a online search engine to locate other legal resources close to home.

If your former employer is just threatening legal action, there isn't much you can do to stop him except to negotiate a truce.  If, however, he becomes a threat to your safety, then there is a lot that you can do, including getting the police involved.

Stay safe,
      Lyn Bates  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Lyn Bates

Are you being stalked? I can help evaluate the amount of danger you are in, and can provide very specific suggestions for increasing your safety, and for managing your situation. As a founding member and the current Vice President of AWARE (a volunteer, nonprofit organization), I have helped thousands of women learn to protect themselves from crimes ranging from minor harassment to serious assault. I am currently writing a book on safety for stalking victims. I have lectured at annual training meetings of the American Society of Law Enforcement Training, Women in Federal Law Enforcement, the International Women Police Association, the American Society of Criminology, and the American Women`s Self-Defense Association. In 1997, the American Tactical Shooting Association gave me their annual Tactical Advocate Award for teaching and writing.