Private Investigations and Personal Security/Home Security

Question
What would be the best way to protect my home.  I travel often and need to feel that my home is safe.

Answer
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I have been travelling and my Internet access was limited.  The keys to good home security have 3 basic elements - neighbours / visibility, detection / response, and physical security.  Then on the inside, prominent property marking is a highly effective strategy to make otherwise attractive items less so.  My suggestions are to get to know your neighours, install a reliable alarm system with very load internal (for the burglar) and external (for the neighbours) sirens, and have good quality key operated lock on doors and windows.  I always recommend that an alarm system be monitored so that you know as soon as possible that there has been an activation - you can either have professional monitoring or arrange for the system to call your cell phone.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Rick Draper