Private Investigations and Personal Security/Home Surveillance

I appoligize if this does not fit your specific expertise.  Feel free to ignore this if it does not.

I have a fixer-upper house about 0.5 miles from where I live.  In the course of 18 months it has been broken into three times.  I know nothing about security systems and I don't even know if this is possible, but is there a way to moniter this property via a video/computer connection from this distance?  Maybe there may be another recourse or system you could suggest.

Thank you for any help.

Hi Anna
IM not a securotyproviderer but I would not think taht that is a veryfar distance. I would contact three (at least) security equipment installers and see what they tell you. They will try to sell you the best product so make sue you talk to at least three and see if they are giving you the same sugestions.
A system would be the best visable detrence for somthing like that. Nothing works better than the $9.00 motion lights that come on in the dark. There are some inexpensive tactics you can yous. Get a dog, make sure that there is visability and yes an alarm system but like I said talk to as many people as you can.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Blaine MacDonald

I would like to volunteer to provide direction in Insurance Investigation, surveillence, CPTED (Crime Prevention through Environmental design and legal support Investigation.

Probation violation locator with Department of Justice, Senior Immigration Examining Officer, Private invesigator, Risk Managment Consultant. Owner Operator of Properative Investigations and Security Solutions.

Examining, Interviewing, Insurance, MIssing persons, Physical space risk assessment.

International CPTED Professionals
CCANS - Civil Constables Association of Nova Scotia
Assosiation of Certified Fraud examiners