Private Investigations and Personal Security/Home Surveillance

Question
I appoligize if this does not fit your specific expertise.  Feel free to ignore this if it does not.

I have a fixer-upper house about 0.5 miles from where I live.  In the course of 18 months it has been broken into three times.  I know nothing about security systems and I don't even know if this is possible, but is there a way to moniter this property via a video/computer connection from this distance?  Maybe there may be another recourse or system you could suggest.

Thank you for any help.

Answer
Hi Anna
IM not a securotyproviderer but I would not think taht that is a veryfar distance. I would contact three (at least) security equipment installers and see what they tell you. They will try to sell you the best product so make sue you talk to at least three and see if they are giving you the same sugestions.
A system would be the best visable detrence for somthing like that. Nothing works better than the $9.00 motion lights that come on in the dark. There are some inexpensive tactics you can yous. Get a dog, make sure that there is visability and yes an alarm system but like I said talk to as many people as you can.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Blaine MacDonald