Private Investigations and Personal Security/International Counterintelligence Services, Inc.

Question
Hi again Lyn,

Sorry to bother you again, but as a newbie I would like to get off to a good start & avoid getting burned in becoming a P.I. I think after getting started, learning from books, and O.J.T. through a local agency(s), I can pose less frequent questions for you experts thereafter.
I have decided it best in my state,(TN.), to apply for a company license. That way I could sub-contract through other agencys as well as lining up my own work,(hopefully after some possibly non-paid sub-contracting experience), avoiding being trapped into one sponsoring agency as a non-company P.I. & the apprentice thing, which I've learned can be a great experience or one might become a "gopher", with sub-standard learning opportunities.
I located "International Counterintelligence Services Inc." during a web search. The site is very well laid out. After giving $89.00 to I.P.I.U., then finding many I.P.I.U. complaints on the "Rip Off Report", I did a "Dogpile Search" for terms such as, "beware, scam, complaints, poor, and reviews" including the name International Counterintelligence Services, Inc.(ICS).
I found only 2 complaints on one site and 0 complaints on the "rip Off Report" regarding ICS. One complaint mentioned one could view several complaints on ICS with the BBB. I searched the terms "Better Business Bureau, International Counterintelligence Services" but got nothing good or negative. I have found 2 local agencys stating they'd have some work I could do once I'm licensed, but I'm also curious if ICS is a good company. At least they appear to be.

Would you have any knowledge from your own or other's experience concerning ICS?

I thank you again very much.

Best,

Mike E.

Answer
Mike,

It certainly seems like you have done a thorough job of researching that company.  The only additional thing I can think of would be to call the Better Business Bureau in the place where the company is located, to ask if they have received any complaints about them.

I personally have no knowledge of ICS (or any other companies in that business).  Good luck with your chosen career!   Stay safe,   Lyn

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Lyn Bates