Private Investigations and Personal Security/International Counterintelligence Services, Inc.

Question
Hi again Nic,

Sorry to bother you again, but as a newbie I would like to get off to a good start & avoid getting burned in becoming a P.I. I think after getting started, learning from books, and O.J.T. through a local agency(s), I can pose less frequent questions for you experts thereafter.
I have decided it best in my state,(TN.), to apply for a company license. That way I could sub-contract through other agencys as well as lining up my own work,(hopefully after some possibly non-paid sub-contracting experience), avoiding being trapped into one sponsoring agency as a non-company P.I. & the apprentice thing, which I've learned can be a great experience or one might become a "gopher", with sub-standard learning opportunities.
I located "International Counterintelligence Services Inc." during a web search. The site is very well laid out. After giving $89.00 to I.P.I.U., then finding many I.P.I.U. complaints on the "Rip Off Report", I did a "Dogpile Search" for terms such as, "beware, scam, complaints, poor, and reviews" including the name International Counterintelligence Services, Inc.(ICS).
I found only 2 complaints on one site and 0 complaints on the "rip Off Report" regarding ICS. One complaint mentioned one could view several complaints on ICS with the BBB. I searched the terms "Better Business Bureau, International Counterintelligence Services" but got nothing good or negative. I have found 2 local agencys stating they'd have some work I could do once I'm licensed, but I'm also curious if ICS is a good company. At least they appear to be.

Would you have any knowledge from your own or other's experience concerning ICS?

I thank you again very much.

Best,

Mike E.

Answer
HI MIKE-

I don't know anything about ICS. I did not find a great deal of information on them or the principal, other than that they are in Arizona (not all of the other states that they say),

The absence of information would make me suspect. Also, the name alone, International Counterintelligence Services reminds me of a wannabe name.

Just my thoughts!

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Nichols (Nic) J. Smith