Private Investigations and Personal Security/New PI Business-Question

I need your advice.  I am struggling as a private investigator on my own.  A big part of that problem is that I am in Mississippi.  I realize that.  I did ok working for large firms in Florida but Mississippi is another problem.
What do you suggest?  Should I buy one of those, "How to make $100,000.00 per year as a PI!"  If so, which book do you suggest?
I already have the cards and the website but that's about it.
Thanks for your help and God bless.
Richard A. Brooks,
Richard Brooks Investigations, LLC

I wish I could help you. Unfortunately, I don't know the market in Mississippi. Starting a business up anywhere is tough, but without local connections that's a big problem.

Obviously introducing yourself to divorce lawyers is a route, and of course insurance companies. But in the mean time you might have to do some stop gap work as either a process server or a bounty hunter.

Wish I could give you more information, but like I said, I don't know the ins-and-outs of the Mississipi market.

Private Investigations and Personal Security