Private Investigations and Personal Security/P.I. Business Software

Hi again Krvin,

I plan on operating a P.I. agency after obtaining a company P.I. license.
My question is:
What type of software program would a P.I. or P.I. agency require to maintain accounts on clients? I was told Quickbooks would be adequate. Another source suggested that an issue might be the type of info. one needs to keep about clients.
Would a customizable database be necessary? If so, I was told I would need a program like "Microdoft Access" or "Filemaker".

Thank you for any opinion.

Mike E.  

For keeping trace of the subjects of our investigation we have our own custom program which is MS Access Made. For accounting and keeping track of clients many use Legal related accounting software packages such as PCLaw, Lexis Nexis/PC Law and Amicus Attorney.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Kevin Bousquet

Questions relating to the law and private investigators, trying to collect a judgment, child support, asset investigation, corporate investigation, due diligence, finding missing persons. Closing a safe business deal. Fraud and Fraud Avoidance Issues. Trying to collect from people working for cash. The Corpa Group Inc. is a 17 year old agency. Kevin Bousquet has been in the private investigation business since he was 19. Now in his 40s Kevin runs one of the top agencies in North America.

Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Collection

Law Enf Grad (honours)1986, Law/Legal Admin 1991, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Fraud Investigator (CFI), Currently working on the designation English, French, Japanese. Owner Corpa Investigation since 1991.

This is always a private issue.