Private Investigations and Personal Security/P.I. Trainee

Question
Hello Mr. Healy,
After requesting such, I received an I.P.I.U.(International Private Investigators Union) packet stating they have "verified 4 national agencies willingness to hire and train myself on an as needed basis for assignments in my local area." Requirements are an F.B.I. monitored photo I.D., completion of a Criminal Warrants Registration Application, 18 yrs. of age, and high school English and Math.
I'm asked to mail my "Criminal Warrants Registration Application" to "Agent Records" I.P.I.U. Unit-International Dept.--P.O. Box 2760--U.S.A.--59911--2760. They also ask if I care to join their union, providing job openings, newsletter for P.I.s, etc. for 5 bucks/mo., which doesn't sound too bad.
I also hold a Master's of Science in Oriental Medicine and could do P.I. work part time.
Ny question is-Have you ever heard of this IPIU organization, and would they be as good a vehicle as any to break into the P.I. field?
Than you greatly!

Sincerely

Michael D. Eidson, LAc.

Answer
This is probably phony. Licensing requirments are set by the individual states.

I have never heard of a Criminal Warrants Registration or an FBI monitored photo.

I have been a PI for a long time. Nothing these people do will get you a job. This is just a mass marketing scheme. Keep away from it.

The job opening, if there are any, won't do you any good unless you have the formal training and education to fill the requirments.

This is a scam

Private Investigations and Personal Security

John M. Healy