Private Investigations and Personal Security/PI Schools

Are there any good PI schools that I could take online?  Also, what type of qualifications are involved to becoming a PI?  Thank youu

I am sorry I am unable to give additional specific advise for becoming a PI. The number of emails I receive requesting same is just too large for the hours in the day. If you have not already read all the FAQs at ION's home page, I am told they are quite helpful.
I can offer you an opportunity to take a twenty-five question "Private Investigation Benchmarking Test" without any charge. The testing process is being Beta tested and your taking it will give us an idea of how people who are not already in business as private investigators score. The test only takes five minutes or so to take and is not meant to allow time for looking things up. The answers should come out of your head. If you take too long answering the questions, it could time out and you could be blocked from getting back in. If you go out and back in, you could also be blocked. If you use AOL, you might have to cut and paste the link into the Internet address space in your browser.
Do not feel bad if you score below 70 as many practicing private investigators also miss several of the questions. You may save the answer sheet and print it out as a study guide for the items you miss.
When you have five minutes to spare, click on the link below and take the test. When you finish, let me know what you think of it and if it was helpful .
Thank you and good luck
Leroy Cook
ION Incorporated
Serving good clients and local professional investigators with over 30,000 referrals since 1990
<<>> 480-730-8088 or 800 338-3463
P O Box 12375 Tempe AZ 85284  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Leroy Cook

I will answer questons about using PIs and about the business of being a private investigator more specifically than questions about the way to investigate. Investigative field work has too many variables for general answers.

Employment history: Nine years as an insurance adjuster and manager Three years in direct sales and sales training. (World Book) Fourteen years operating my own very ssuccessful PI agency while teaching flying, mostly for fun, in small planes in the Alaska Bush. The past thirteen years operating the only company in the world that "Investigates Investigators." Seriously. We keep track of 36,000 agencies and provide a referral service. 25,000 cases since 1990.

Organizations: World Associaton of Detectives Council of International Investigators National Association of Legal Invetigators American Society of Security Services

Publications: P I Magazine. A regualr columnist for over four years Security Management IASIU Magazine The john Cook Fraud Report

Education: B of A in Economics, U of Washington 1964

Awards: Certified protection Professional Named one of top 25 private investigators of the century by NAIS

Clients: We don`t name clients but there are over 3,000 of them including people from ever