Private Investigations and Personal Security/Police investigations

I am just wondering how someone would go about begginning the process of investigating someone? My situation is pretty complicated, and I am not real familiar with what exactly investigators can investigate, but here's a little background info on the situation: A friend and I fell victim to a felony sexual assault. I ran to a police officer for help following the incident, and he refused to help. The paramedics were there and got more deputies to on the scene, where I was told by one of the deputies that the original officer had been drinking. I contacted internal affairs to do an investigation, with any response from them. I also got the assailant to give me his name, which I reported to the police, and they refused to investigate that. I did go through their jail records and found this guy had been arrested for previous rape charges.I would like to learn more about this guy and the original police officer who was allegedly intoxicated. What I am wondering is how can I get more information about these people? Is that something a PI can do?  
Thanks a lot!

Regarding the assailant it appears you already have some idea the person has a criminal history so that is not really an issue...  Now regarding the lack of police interest in your assault complaint, should contact the State's Attorney General's Office, local District Attorney, and the F.B.I. to see if they will help.  Contactd the local DA's office first....

This may be an issue best explored by another responsible government agency, not necessarily a P.I. firm.  Try those first and see where it goes.

Good luck.

TACTICS Private Detectives  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

TACTICS Detective Agency ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( BEST EXPERT ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ask a REAL Private investigator! Director of TACTICS Private Detectives and Investigations - and a Criminal Investigator. I maintain a leading group of Private Investigators and Detectives with substantial experience in: criminal defense, missing persons, surveillance, financial recovery, background checks, divorce investigations, insurance fraud, adoption, business intelligence, international matters, electronic countermeasures, drug abuse, and more. Author of The REAL Private Eye Handbook.

Resolved many very important and complicated investigations including kidnapping recovery, finding hidden assets in foreign countries, and assistance in the successful defense of wrongly accused criminal defendants. I maintain a very strong Federal Law Enforcement background with extensive training and education.

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives