Private Investigations and Personal Security/Screenplay Research

Question
While then as a private investigator.

"I was wondering about how a possible murder/missing person case would be handled. Like what type of questions would you ask to familly memebers and friends? How much are the police involved? What happens when you do have a possible suspect or someone your positive committed the crime? Just how do you go about doing things. Like how much are you involved in doing? How much of the job are you by yourself?Also what do you carry on you usually to do your job? It would be a great help if you could answer those questions for me. Thank You.";  

Answer
Murder cases are crimnal acts and are handled by the police. Private investigators are not law enforcement officers. They may investigate murders on televsion but in real life it is extremely rare. Private investigators do not really need to carry anything thing other than writing materials, business cards or a tape recorder.

If a private investigator were to come across a suspect in a murder case he would need to turn all of the information over to the police.

The questions one asks vary from situation to situation and depends upon whom you are talking to know and what you already know and want to verify or what you do not know and want to learn.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

John M. Healy