Private Investigations and Personal Security/Setting up a security program for a company

Sir, I'm currently a Security Forces troop in the Air Force doing a Business Plan for a Private Security service. I was wondering if you could provide me with any information regarding setting up and directing a security program for a company. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. If possible I need information regarding the legal aspects of setting up a secutity program and any personal information you are willing to provide.
         Thank you,
         Melvin A Jackson
         A1C USAF

Your question would require more information than I could provide in an email answer.

A company "Security Business Plan" is a very complex and time consuming project to bring to completion.

I would suggest that you check at the base library and determine if they can order you the American Society of Industrial Security Manuals (ASIS). ASIS is the main organization that provides the guidelines for Industrial Security. You could order the manual directly from the publisher, but it is fairly expensive +/- $400.

I wish I could provide you more timely information, but I think you can get all you would need in this manual. If you need assistance, contact your local ASIS Chapter, which are located throughout the world, and ask them how to order the manual.

Semper Fi,

Bill Lonergan  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

William M. Lonergan

I am able to answer questions which relate to setting up and directing a security program for a company. I am also experienced in investigations. These would include, but not be limited to, rape, robbery, homocide, larceny, industrial sabotage, and crimes having racial overtones.

1959-1963 USMC, 1964-1988 Massachusetts State Police (Captain), 1988-1997 Director of Corporate Security for Genetics Institute, Inc., 1997-present owner of Lighthouse Security Consulting, Inc. My clients include biotech companies, individuals, and others of various industry disiplines.

Semper Fi Society (Boston Chapter), Former Massachusetts Troopers Association, FBI National Academy Associates, American Society of Industrial Security (inactive since 1997), Internationl Security Managers Association(inactive since 1997. Licensed Massachusetts Private Investigator

BS Criminal Justice Northeastern University
M.Ed. Boston University
FBI National Academy