Private Investigations and Personal Security/Strange Calls, freaking me out!

In the last month or so I have gotten two (at least) strange collection calls.  They are both for people that I know of but don't know and wouldn't know one anohter.  When I ask how they got my name and number associated with these people I am told it is through cross referencing.   What does that mean?  Is this normal? It is starting to bug me. They always know MY name.
The last call was for (are you ready for this?) my husband's deceased ex-wife, ex-husband.  I have never even met this man.
They are always after someone else, but ask for me.

They ran some database searches that crossrefernce people, relatives,  addresses etc. Pretty simple stuff and not out of the ordinary. They are looking for people to collect debts, can not find them, so they widen the search to other people known to or associated with them in an attemot to spread the word.

Private Investigations and Personal Security

John M. Healy

Licensed, bonded and insured investigator and security consultant. Retired State Police Lt. President New Hampshire League of Investigators, President New England Council of State Investigator Associations. I have over 28 yrs experience in the public and private sector. I author numerous article regarding the profession that have been re-printed in industry publications. I can answer any questions regarding professional investigate services, the role of the investigator, how to choose a professional, and other related questions.