Private Investigations and Personal Security/Witness Rights

Question
Hi, I have information for the prosecution in a child pornography case, which was settled in a plea bargain. Now the attorney for a perpetrator is threatening me with legal action for slander. Can they do that? I was told by the local crisis center that victim / witnesses are allowed to talk about their experiences and what they know.

Answer
Hi Cathy,

In regards to your question whether or not their attorney can come after you for slander. This would depend largely upon your local crminal and civil laws. It is also hard for me to give you a definite answer without knowing the jurisdiction you are refering to as well as the details of the case and your role in it. I would suggested that maybe you should refer to legal advise from a litigator from your locale. Please feel free to contact me further if you should have any other questions. Take care Cathy and have a great day.

Kindest regards,

Earl Morris

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Earl Morris