Private Investigations and Personal Security/Witness Rights

Hi, I have information for the prosecution in a child pornography case, which was settled in a plea bargain. Now the attorney for a perpetrator is threatening me with legal action for slander. Can they do that? I was told by the local crisis center that victim / witnesses are allowed to talk about their experiences and what they know.

Hi Cathy,

In regards to your question whether or not their attorney can come after you for slander. This would depend largely upon your local crminal and civil laws. It is also hard for me to give you a definite answer without knowing the jurisdiction you are refering to as well as the details of the case and your role in it. I would suggested that maybe you should refer to legal advise from a litigator from your locale. Please feel free to contact me further if you should have any other questions. Take care Cathy and have a great day.

Kindest regards,

Earl Morris

Private Investigations and Personal Security

Earl Morris

I have for the past 20 years been a Security, Risk Management and Personal Protection Sepcialist, worldwide. I am passionate about protecting women and children. I can answer questions on any area of personal protection. I answer questions and teach in a non-fear based manner, which in turn will help you to listen to you intuition (gutt feeling). I can help companies with risk management and workplace violence issues. I help tourist, backpackers and business travelers with tips, guidelines, place to go and NOT to go. I can answer general questions on Maritime security. I have been a (bodyguard) Personal Protections Specialist for many years, so can help indviduals with all aspects of Close Personal Protection. As my passiona is protecting women and children, I can answer any questions in that area.

20 years

ASIO ASIS ESI Alumni International Association of Counter Terrorism and Security International Association of Executive Protection Agents

ESI Graduate Double Major from Huston Tillotson, TX

Cisco Systems, Embassy Suites Hotels Group, Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood,