Private Investigations and Personal Security/confused on schooling

I am currently working as an Licensed Practical Nurse in NC but after 12 years of this career I am becoming burnt out. I love people and I love knowledge.I also enjoy problem solving and investigation whether its helping kids with research paper for school or helping friends when they need info on any topic. I have thought about doing something with nursing/law such as malpractice but was told unless I wanted to move to major city pay is about the same as legal secretary. I also thought about starting a PI business but I can't seem to grasp the procedure for this since there isn't a requirement for formal training (no set course of study)most PI seem to be retired law enforcement.I talked to local community colleges and they recommend taking basic law enforcement which I know will benefit me but after school is complete I am still at square one.How can I "break" into the business and then branch out on my own? It seems unethical to let someone teach you all the tricks of the trade and then you become their competition.Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

You will need a state license in NC so check with the Secretary of States office regarding PI/Security Guard licensing and get a good understanding of the requirements.  Going through one of those PI Schools is probably not going to help much because most States require previous law enforcement experience, a set number of hours working for another licensed PI firm, and the taking of an exam.  The best way to start is by contacting several local PI firms and see if they can use you even on a part-time basis to get an understanding of really what we do.  Then, you can build up to the appropriate level to take your exam and become licensed.

Best of luck!

TACTICS Private Detectives

Private Investigations and Personal Security

TACTICS Detective Agency ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( BEST EXPERT ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ask a REAL Private investigator! Director of TACTICS Private Detectives and Investigations - and a Criminal Investigator. I maintain a leading group of Private Investigators and Detectives with substantial experience in: criminal defense, missing persons, surveillance, financial recovery, background checks, divorce investigations, insurance fraud, adoption, business intelligence, international matters, electronic countermeasures, drug abuse, and more. Author of The REAL Private Eye Handbook.

Resolved many very important and complicated investigations including kidnapping recovery, finding hidden assets in foreign countries, and assistance in the successful defense of wrongly accused criminal defendants. I maintain a very strong Federal Law Enforcement background with extensive training and education.

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives