Private Investigations and Personal Security/missing persons

Hello there and thanks for taking the time to read this.  I am currently writing a novel.  A secondary character is working for an PI company that specializes in kidnapping and missing persons.  My question to you is if an investigator is seeking information from someone, do they reveal that they are an investigator or would they keep that to themselves?  Another thing, if the person in whom your asking questions too asks you are you able to tell why you are seeking the info?  Can you offer a business card incase they think of anything more that may be of help?  and lastly what type of questions do they ask?

1.  Do they let them know they are an investigator?

It would depend on the situation. If the contact is an official one, such as law enforcement, county records, local business owners, etc., we would most likely let them know we are Private Investigators.  If the contact is a friend of the person missing, or acquaintance, sometimes we would not let them know but ask questions if different ways so they don't realize what we are really trying to do.

2.  Ask who we are?

Again, sometimes we would tell them up front or if they ask, other times we would not and on occasion, even lie about who we really are.  Depends on the situation.....

3.  Business Card?

Yes, of course.

4.  Type of questions?

That is pretty standard stuff.... Start with the Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why issues.  If they saw the person recently you would ask where, when, under what circumstances, etc.

Good luck!

TACTICS Private Detectives

Private Investigations and Personal Security

TACTICS Detective Agency ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( BEST EXPERT ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ask a REAL Private investigator! Director of TACTICS Private Detectives and Investigations - and a Criminal Investigator. I maintain a leading group of Private Investigators and Detectives with substantial experience in: criminal defense, missing persons, surveillance, financial recovery, background checks, divorce investigations, insurance fraud, adoption, business intelligence, international matters, electronic countermeasures, drug abuse, and more. Author of The REAL Private Eye Handbook.

Resolved many very important and complicated investigations including kidnapping recovery, finding hidden assets in foreign countries, and assistance in the successful defense of wrongly accused criminal defendants. I maintain a very strong Federal Law Enforcement background with extensive training and education.

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives