Private Investigations and Personal Security/schools for p i's

Question
Sir,
I stay in the chicago area and have a 12 year career in sercurity and asset protection but i've been out of work 2 yeares . I want to go into another part of this field as a private investigator.  Are there any schools or training grounds for people who want to enter this field especially if they arent ex policemen? thanks

Answer
Most ex cops d not make it as PIs. There are some similarities but MANY differences. Cops who do not learn new tools fall flat on their face.

Before you go seeking a school look at the job market. Are their jobs available? What do they pay? Hourly or salary? If hourly how many hours per week? or just " as needed".

If you are thinking of being a self empoloyed private investigator check your local licensing laws before you go in search of a school. Most state licensing laws do not recognize what few schools are out there.

Your could look around at www.pimall.com for schools and training but a school is not a guarantee it will get you a job. I have not really seen any good schools for this sort of thing. There are a lot of home study courses but all they give you is an outline of the subject matter, not real "training"

You should be asking local PIs this question.  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

John M. Healy