Private Investigations and Personal Security/story research

I'm writing a fictional story in which a character, John, fakes his own death to escape a killer who's after him, and lives on the run under an assumed identity(ies) for a few years. But then, the killer catches up to him in a deserted lot, kills him and disposes of the body. A third person is injured in the struggle, so now the scene of the killing is a crime scene. In their investigation, the police find something of John's -- some belonging, his wallet or keys or something -- that allow them to trace back to his real identity. Do you have any suggestions as to what that item could plausibly be?
Many thanks for any help you can offer.
Best regards,

They would most certainly evaluate any fingerprints left at the scene or on any of the items recovered..... Could be a simple as they have some doubt regarding the guy's present identity and when they run his prints (from an autopsy, off his driver's license, etc.) it could come back to his real identity!

Take care.

TACTICS Private Detectives  

Private Investigations and Personal Security

TACTICS Detective Agency ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( BEST EXPERT ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ask a REAL Private investigator! Director of TACTICS Private Detectives and Investigations - and a Criminal Investigator. I maintain a leading group of Private Investigators and Detectives with substantial experience in: criminal defense, missing persons, surveillance, financial recovery, background checks, divorce investigations, insurance fraud, adoption, business intelligence, international matters, electronic countermeasures, drug abuse, and more. Author of The REAL Private Eye Handbook.

Resolved many very important and complicated investigations including kidnapping recovery, finding hidden assets in foreign countries, and assistance in the successful defense of wrongly accused criminal defendants. I maintain a very strong Federal Law Enforcement background with extensive training and education.

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives

TACTICS Private Detectives