Private School/does anybody know bout southern california independent educational studies?

Tina wrote at 2010-12-15 22:28:21
I too went to this school. I tried enrolling into college and found that the diploma is not legitamate. I called the school district that S.C.I.E.S was in and they gave me another number and the lady told me it was a complete scam.

april wrote at 2011-03-07 22:32:48

nichole wrote at 2011-03-17 05:42:16
HEY  I WENT THERE TO IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW I Can get in contact with this school called southern california independent studies cause i paid about 300 dollars like 5 years can someone please conttact me cause i need to know whats going on  

orion wrote at 2011-08-20 21:32:52
I would do a class action with you to cause i went there to. and got the same thing happin to me.

Angry Student wrote at 2011-08-24 05:38:33
I have had the same problem. I supposedly graduated in 2006 and now I find out this is not Legitimate. Does anybody know how I can get my high school diploma now, without it being a GED? Or if anybody has any information on a lawsuit please contact me at

Thank You

tanya wrote at 2011-09-01 05:02:52
Wow, I went there too and paid for the class as well, shocked

Mr B wrote at 2012-01-30 20:07:40
This is bullshit,I knew it was too good to be true

Miss_Pissed wrote at 2012-02-21 19:41:43
I "graduated" from SCIES in 2006,I also paid the $300. drove out of my friggin way!!! Then my storage unit (containing my diploma) was sold at auction! So I look up this SCIES B/S, and what do I find? I've been bamboozled!!!!!!!! This is complete madness! Why can't these people just stop being lazy, put in some effort, and work an honest JOB?

Me wrote at 2012-04-27 18:42:31
Hi I went there too in 2006, yes irs very real diploma my brother also went there n is now a coreectional officer he hsd to have an fbi investigation on background and schooling it came out to be certified and everything was good the schools full name is southern california independent studies as lso knowen as scies hope this helps

Steve wrote at 2012-08-16 11:09:05
I fell for this. Very disappointed. I am one of the lucky ones that actually scored a really good job but I have to assume they didn't even check my education background or they would have figured out that this school is complete crap.

Now that I look back on it there were so many signs I should seen to point out that this school is total bs. Hope everything works out for everyone. 300 dollars straight into the toilet.

sandra b wrote at 2012-12-10 22:32:46
I went to this school like 5-6 years ago. I tried enrolling to college they told me the h.s. diploma isnt valid. I paid them over $300. If anyone has ingo on these people. Please reply. Thanks

Kp wrote at 2013-03-14 05:52:05
I also went to this class back in 2006. Since then I've gone to beauty school and also got a loan for that. I'm now looking into nursing school, so Im hoping that my "fake diploma" will work.

Butthead wrote at 2013-03-17 00:36:13
Hey I had the same the problem, I got my diploma in 07 I tried to go to school last month and come to find out the diploma wasn't valid .. Is there anything I could do ,have you guys had any success in getting in touch w the ppl... Plz give me a call 661 8602276

persephoni wrote at 2013-04-11 05:11:07
It is/was a valid high school diploma. Considered by the government to be a tier 2 diploma meaning it was issued by a private school. Its the same as going to a christian or catholic high school. The U.S. Military accepts a diploma from s.c.i.e.s.

persephoni wrote at 2013-04-11 05:11:17

Confused wrote at 2013-05-31 22:14:34
I went there and my brother went there as well and he graduated from Concorde university using the diploma from s.c.i.e.s. they did tell us that there were some scams but that they were a legit accredited school. Idk if it's still considered legit since the school no longer exists. If anyone knows how to get ahold of the records please post because I need to get a copy of my diploma. Thanks.

Patty wrote at 2013-06-17 22:44:20
I got this diploma back in 2007! I applied at a job and got interviewed and hired, they did my background check

And everything was good except for the high school diploma.

This school is a total scam, because of them they couldn't offer me the position, it's not so much about the money

That was lost, but about all the opportunities you can lose!!! I hope they pay back for what they did.

Robert Valenzuela wrote at 2013-09-13 01:46:09
I got into the Army with this Diploma. Sucks I do not know what happened to my Diploma. I have copies of it but I can't find the school anywhere. Right now I work as a Wind Turbine Technician. If it is a scam like everybody says, then I agree we need to do a class action lawsuit especially if they our diplomas on record or not. I haven't started College yet but I hope it doesn't get in the way.

Naomi wrote at 2013-12-20 20:52:03
I also went to this school in 2007. Now that im looking for a number to contact them I find out all this bullshit. I would gladly do a class action. the CDS Code# is 19642466206551  Larry Stewart Alsip was the Director. There is a number for him on the side of my "Diploma" #03240726.

Sofi wrote at 2015-02-10 00:06:13
This is a school, I just got my transcripts after searching and searching I found them!  You have to contact the Antelope Valley Union High for your Transcripts!  Good Luck!

Sofi wrote at 2015-02-10 00:14:08

I saw your comment in regards to the diploma from SCIES.  And I found where to get your transcripts.  They were real indeed :)  You have to contact the Antelope Valley Union High District at 661-948-7655.  Tell them you need transcripts from a school that closed down and tell them Southern California Independent Educational Studies.  And they will transfer you to student services where Rhonda Hickman or Shandolyn Williams can help you.

Good Luck!  

Angel wrote at 2015-02-24 22:21:22
There is no records to be found on this place. I called the school district right now Feb 23,2015 and spoke to the named people below, Rhonda Hickman and this was a scam and no records could be given to anyone. Stop giving false hopes to people. They stole our money and the certificate is worthless without records.  

Tasha wrote at 2015-11-07 23:59:09

I looked it up on California Department of education. It was a ligate school.  

College Admin wrote at 2015-11-10 19:32:04
This school was never accredited prior to closing. The California Department of Education simply has a registry number, which means- they submitted a petition as a private school but were never approved as a regionally accredited institution, private school or even a religious school. DO NOT GIVE PEOPLE FALSE HOPE. I am an administrator at a private college and I was unable to accept a student application based on this High School record. Make yourself a favor and take the GED exam or take a placement test at your community college and obtain a degree.

Private School

Michael Wall

I am available to take questions on Alumni and development programs for college and K-12 schools. I do not take questions on closed for-profit schools.