Private School/Benjamin franklin diploma

Question
Hello i actually did a home base high school diploma where i finish and received a high school diploma. years later now im trying to get into college and they told me that that high school diploma was not accepted because it wasn't accredited. The high school name its Benjamin Franklin located in coconut grove Florida i actually did pay 500 dollars for this service. do you think there its a way of at least asking for a complete refund since im going to have to go and get a GED since this "program" was most likely a scam.

Answer
Elsa,

Unless they claimed to be accredited, i do not know of any recourse.  As for-profit institutions have proliferated, people have needed to be careful of the product they are purchasing.

That said, i would contact the Florida Department of Education to ask if this type of arrangement is considered fraud.  My thought is that there must be a set of state requirements for graduating high school

Please let me know what they say.

Michael

Private School

Michael Wall