Private School/transcript


I attended Griffin College in Seattle/Bellevue and graduated in 1992.  I am not able to get a copy of my transcript from the State and I am in need of a copy for my employer.  Can you tell me where and/or how I might get a copy.  The State Board states that as far the agency knows no transcripts exist.  How can this be?  I need this job and need any and all help I can get!

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Shannon Vinson


Normally I would tell you that private for-profit schools seem to come and go, and often leave no plan for their alumni.

But for you, good news.  I found this:

"Griffin College, also referred to as Griffin Business College, was founded as a family-owned business college in Seattle, Washington in 1909. In 1986, after the death of Eugene Griffin, son of the founder, Griffin was sold to Phillips Colleges, a national chain of 92 private two-year and four-year schools that specialized in buying established private schools, or proprietary schools, as they are called. They added campuses in Bellevue and Tacoma.

Aggressive expansion of the school coincided with accreditation renewal issues and eventually the college closed in 1993.

Copies of unofficial transcripts may be obtained by calling the Workforce Training & Education Coordinating Board in Olympia, Washington, at 360-753-5662, or online at"

Best of luck.  Please let me know if you are successful.

By the way, the reason the state didn't have it is that the state does not track college transcripts.


Private School

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Michael Wall


I am available to take questions on Alumni and development programs for college and K-12 schools. I do not take questions on closed for-profit schools.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]