Pro Golfing/turning pro

Question
hi, i was wondering how to go from amatuer golf status to pro status so that i can play in the local pro tour and be able to accept the cash prizes?

Answer
HI Ben;

Actually the process to turn pro is pretty simple.

All you have to do is enter a tournament as a professional.  Very simple.

If you choose to join the PGA Then you should contact the PGA Of America to find out more of the details to become affiliated with that organization.

Other than that, that is all you have to do.   As a courtesy, you may choose to notify the USGA that you are turning professional, but it is not necessary.

There are definitely rules regarding amateur status, so you may want to read up on them as well.

Good Luck

Robb Nunn
PGA Professional.

Pro Golfing

Robb Nunn