Pro Golfing/turning pro

hi, i was wondering how to go from amatuer golf status to pro status so that i can play in the local pro tour and be able to accept the cash prizes?

HI Ben;

Actually the process to turn pro is pretty simple.

All you have to do is enter a tournament as a professional.  Very simple.

If you choose to join the PGA Then you should contact the PGA Of America to find out more of the details to become affiliated with that organization.

Other than that, that is all you have to do.   As a courtesy, you may choose to notify the USGA that you are turning professional, but it is not necessary.

There are definitely rules regarding amateur status, so you may want to read up on them as well.

Good Luck

Robb Nunn
PGA Professional.

Pro Golfing

Robb Nunn

Anything about golf, the golf industry. I can also answer general business and employment issue questions. I only request this. Please No Rules Questions. Should you need answers to rules questions please refer to this free website. just copy and paste this link into your browser.

PGA Professional with over 30 plus years in golf industry
Former General Mgr, Head Professional, Director of Golf, Director of Instruction.
Played professionally on nine different tours, 4 continents.
Have built and assisted design on 3 driving range facilities and redesigned 3 golf courses.

PGA Of America
Professional And Motivational Speaker

American Chronicles E-Zine Articles Numerous different golf publications and newspapers.

PGA Business Schools I / II Certified Club fitter Certified Teacher

Past Champion All Pro - All heart Pro-Am Presidents Council on Growth of the Game