Probability & Statistics/Re: Likert Scale

Question

I have a questionnaire with 4 point and 2 point questions.  I am trying to determine the percentage or score based on my set of questions.  My main question is my 2 point scale is yes/no.  Should I assign a 2 for yes and 1 for no?  

Thank you,

Jenna

Answer
A Likert scale is meant to give quantitative data by discretizing a spectrum between two responses. Generally this scale has 5, 7, 11, or more possible responses. A "yes/no" response is not quantitative, and should not be converted to numbers. Ther eis no such thing as a "2 point" or "2 response" Likert scale.

Probability & Statistics

Clyde Oliver