Probability & Statistics/probability calc

Question
Dear Mr. Oliver,
I have the following question.
I have 40 people and I run 20 lotos monthly to select one of these peoples (20 consecutive days). Every time that one people is selected is left out of the game. It means that the first loto run will be 40 participating, the second loto run only 39 and so on, so at loto 20 will be 21 people participating. The question is which is the probability for each person to be selected in one of these 20 lotos in one month. Thanks in advance for the answer.
George

Answer
You are choosing 20 of 40 -- that's half of the people. For person X among the group, half of the combinations include X and half do not. The probability of choosing person X is 1/2.

If order is irrelevant, as you seem to say, then the probability of one individual among the 40 people being chosen overall is 1/2. (Yes, it is that simple.)

Probability & Statistics

Clyde Oliver