Probability & Statistics/Proof of the detailed balance equations

Question
Need help with Lemma 8.5
Need help with Lemma 8  

Close up of lemma 8.5
Close up of lemma 8.5  
Hello Clyde

I'm taking a course in stochastic processes and one of the Lemma's stated (Lemma 8.5) in my coursebook doesn't go through how it was derived.
I dont have any experience with proofs and it doesn't get taught in any of my courses, how did they reach this conclusion?

Answer
It is very easy to prove the contrapositive: If it is not true that the equations are balanced (8.0.1) for any i, then there is no stable state -- the net flow in node i will always be nonzero. You could state that more rigorously, but that's the gist of it.

The notes found here may also be of interest:
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/opetus/s383143/kalvot/E_bdpros.pdf

Probability & Statistics

Clyde Oliver