Probability & Statistics/median

Question
what if there are two median and the other median has the same value, just like this one:

23 24 26 28 29 30 30 32 33 35

Answer
The median of a set of data is the middle value. If there are an even number of data, like your example, you can't find one specific middle value -- there are two in the middle.

Regardless of which two values you have, you always take the average of those two as the median. If the median values are the same, the average of two identical numbers is that value.

For example, if the data were 1, 2, 2, 3, the media would be the average of 2 and 2, which is 2.

If the data were 1, 2, 3, 3, the median is the average of 2 and 3, which is 2.5.

In your example, the middle two numbers are 29 and 30, so the median is 29.5.

Probability & Statistics

Clyde Oliver