Problems with Friends/Friend trouble

Question
For just over a year I have been in a friends group of 3 people (Anna, Kathy and me), before the summer holidays I was really close to Anna and very close to Kathy too. But since we have come back to school (it has been over 4 months now) something has changed but I don't know what. Anna and Kathy have been getting more close and more close and I just keep getting left out in more and more things. They hardly tell me any of their secrets or anything about them (but they tell each other) and I really don't know what to do because there isn't really anyone else I could become friends with. It is tearing me apart piece by piece and they are just being more and more distant. I can't talk to them about it because whenever I try they manage to turn it around so I am also to blame for things. Am I? Can you give me some advice?

Answer
Hi Daniela,

Unfortunately, this problem tends to happen a lot with groups of three: two friends get really close to each other, and the other one feels left out. I would suggest trying to hang out with Anna and Kathy separately, just you and one of them at a time. It will give you a chance to connect with each one better so that when all three of you are together, the connection is strong. Even if you and one of them just get ice cream or study after class, it's a great way to bond and get to know each other.

If that doesn't work, don't be afraid to reach out to other friends you maybe aren't very close to right now. I'm sure they have a lot of potential to be really close to you like Anna and Kathy are. And don't be scared to try making new friends with people from your class, community, or other activities. The more friends you have, the more there are to love!

Good luck!
BriElle

Problems with Friends

BriElle