Problems with Friends/Friendship

When i first started secondary school I became very good friends with this one girl. We hung out together and went to the cinema at weekends but recently she has been really mean to me. I think she things that what she says is funny but it really offends me. Also this girl has started hurting my other friends feelings and I'm feeling like I'm going to have to choose between them. What should I do?

Hi Victoria,

If this girl is being rude or disrespectful to you and your friends in any way, you should not let it continue whatsoever. Even if it's meant in a joking matter, something that continually hurts others needs to be taken care of.

When you have a chance, try talking to her one on one about what you're feeling. If you can, mention specific things she said that maybe bothered you and ask her kindly to be careful with her words. I don't think she's necessarily saying these things to hurt you or your friends on purpose...she just may not be conscious of how things sound from other people's point of view. Hopefully she will listen to you and be more cautious next time around.

Good luck!

Problems with Friends

Hey there, I'm BriElle! I'm 19, and I'm great at giving advice to other teens! I want to use my experiences with friendships to help YOU with yours! I'm open to all questions about all types of friendship problems, from being left out, to feeling jealous, to trust issues, to peer pressure, and even to building your friendship with your boyfriend/girlfriend! So talk to me and help me to help you! :)

I've experienced feelings of loneliness, jealousy, anger, and pressure with my friends. I've lost friends in the past, and I understand the troubles of maintaining a friendship. However, I know how to be confident and how to distinguish who my real friends are. I love giving advice to my friends about all of there problems!

I'm currently a sophomore in college. I led several retreats in high school, so I understand how to cope with emotions. I also studied psychology for one year.