Professional Soccer/(European Football)/Is this person really a recruiter?

Visit to the Emirates
Visit to the Emirates  
I am looking for Patrick Smith, a football recruiter in the UK, recruiting for clubs in the US. I have not been able to find him listed in any organization; is it possible to be an independent recruiter? He has some odd stories and I am suspicious he is a scammer.  His assistant is James Sapseed.

Hi Alice,

He may be an independent recruiter / agent but I would guess this is a scam - don't give this person any money.

All FIFA approved agents are listed here:

You can search the list by country or by name.

Do not deal with anyone who isn't on this list. If you are contacted by someone who claims to be one of the agents on the list, verify their identity by using the contact details given on the list.

Best wishes,

Mark Smith.

Professional Soccer/(European Football)

Mark Smith

I have a fairly extensive knowledge of English Football. I attended my first game in 1967 and have been to hundreds since. My particular areas of interest are the history of the game, statistics, records, trivia and stadium information.

Over 40 years of watching and reading about the game.

Nothing football related.