Project Management/Strategic Planning Process

Question
Good Day

I was just wondering if you would be able to assist me in the following questions.

Strategic Planning Process: Explain what is meant by each of the following:
1. Criteria for success
2. Strengths
3. Weakness
4. Obstacles
5. Action Plans

Hope you would be able to assist me.

Regards

Jean

Answer
Please forgive the delay in reply. I was unavailable for several days but did not have a chance to mark my calendar in All Experts.

SWOT- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats is a common technique for assessing the characteristics of a project. It is typical to represent SWOT information in a matrix. Strengths & Weaknesses top row and Opportunities & Threats bottom row.

SWOT are categories of attributes. The details in each category are usually created in a brainstorming session with project team members.

Strengths & Weaknesses are internal factors, they relate to intrinsic characteristics of the project or organization. During brainstorming, people identify characteristics of the project that indicate the ability to succeed; and characteristics that might prevent success.

Opportunities and Threats are external factors. These are beyond the control of the project. Opportunities represent situations that the project could pursue to achieve success. Threats are conditions or events that could negatively affect the project.

"Criteria for success" is simply a phrase that means a set of conditions by which one could judge the success or failure of a projec.

Project Management

J. David Blaine, PMP