Project Management/MS Project 2010 question.

I'm looking for some assistance on using MS Project.  I can't seem to find the option where I would put the "Burn Rate" of a project.  It could be because the same language is not used on MS Project than on Project Server.  Could you please point me in the right direction on where I can find this, or what tab I should be using?

Thank you,

If by "burn rate" you mean the labor cost per week (or per month) then that is something you compute from MS Project. As you mark tasks Finished, you can display (and export) the hours or currency expended per time period.

"Burn rate" is also a term that applies to s/w projects: the number of task completions per time period. This is also something you'd get from MS Project.

Please follow-up if this didn't help.

Project Management

J. David Blaine, PMP

Please, no homework questions: it is unfair to your classmates. Can answer questions about: Initiating, Planning, Controlling, Measuring projects. Managing scope, time, cost, quality of projects. Risk management, managing project teams. Developing and using metrics.

Particular expertise in:
Software Engineering (real-time, embedded, general),
Systems Engineering,
Requirements Engineering
Cannot answer questions about:
Specific industries or technologies.

32 total years of experience in aerospace and telecommunications. Seven years experience teaching project management.

Project Management Institute; IEEE; ACM; American Society for Quality

PMI's PMBOK(r) Guide Third Edition.
Proceedings SEPG 2000 Conference.
Journal of Systems and Software.

BS Mathematics, magna cum laude
MA Mathematics
MS Electrical and Computer Engineering
ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE)
PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)