Property & Casualty Insurance/deceased homeowners


Judy wrote at 2014-11-14 02:46:02

Thank you for your response.  I did as you suggested and was able to get insurance in my grandfathers house.  I had my brother move into my parents house and was able to get a reasonable policy.  Last year, I bought my parents house with a friend of mine.  He lived in the house until this past February when we got married.  He moved into my house and my daughter stayed in my parents house. The funny thing is, I came across my original post because I was searching for an answer to my new problem.  We just got a notice that they are canceling our insurance again because now neither my husband or I actually live in that house.  I'm thinking I might have to put my daughters name in the deed to solve this problem.  I do not want to sell either house and I'm not sure which one we will wind up living in.  

Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James R. Berliner, CPCU


My specialty is personal and busines insurance, relating to the property and casualty field. Homeowners, Auto, Business Auto, Workers Compensation, Business Interruption, Crime, Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Professional Liability, General Liability, Umbrella Liability, etc.


I am the owner of my own agency (established 1970), have obtained my CPCU designation, and am licensed in many states.

IIABA (Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America), CPCU Society, PIACT (Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut - Board of Directors)

©2017 All rights reserved.