Property & Casualty Insurance/Coverage for boat lift

RJ wrote at 2014-02-18 19:33:12
There is no coverage under section B (other structures) either as there is an exclusion for anything over water.

ZJL wrote at 2015-06-24 04:03:53
Paul, Jim is correct in some instances. Is the boat lift attached to a dock that is permanently attached to the residence? i.e. no winter's which require the insured to remove the dock to prevent seasonal damage? In which interest we would classify as either coverage b or c as you outlined. Personal property for theft is covered so theft of the boat hoist would apply. However, a police report would need to be filed in order to receive payment. If determined to be coverage b as outlined coverage would apply for accidental direct physical loss as well. Boat equipment is the boat itself or a motor water craft and it's content within i.e. fishing rods, depth finders, fuel tanks, depth finders, outboard motors, and trailers for boats. But, NOT for docks or boat hoists. I know its a long answer, but its the correct one.

Property & Casualty Insurance

James R Carrier

I'm an insurance adjuster. If you have had an insurance loss your in the right place. Insurance coverages is not my forte, you would want to ask one of the other experts who are insurance agents. I'm able to answer questions regarding coverage, damage valuation, basically anything to do with property & casualty. My expertise is accessing damage putting a valuation on that damage and proving damage to an insurance company adjuster on behalf of a homeowner or business owner. I'm able to answer or get the answer regarding underwriting. Please no questions on automobile coverage you know more than me in that area.

20 years as a licensed adjuster, handling 1000's of homeowners and commercial claims in Michigan, Louisiana, and Florida. I own a Public Adjusting Company, Advanced Adjusting LLC in Milford MI.

Business degree with an emphasis on accounting from Arizona State University, graduating in the Fall of 1984. I have taught and participated in continuing education courses in the field of property and casualty.