Property & Casualty Insurance/adjustor

Can a insurance adjustor in the state of Missouri refer a contractor with/without the customer asking.

Kevin I do not know the laws in the state of MO. With that said, I would say NO, because it violates the consumers/customers rights and NO insurance company wants to be seen as doing that and no state wants to be known for promoting that. Check with your state insurance department and if I'm right and the answer is NO, but if it happened to you, file a complaint right then and there. ALL Insurance Companies have a duty to work in the best interest of their customer, the general public. If yours didn't, they're guilty of "Bad Faith", USE THOSE WORDS SPECIFICALLY wtih your Department of Insurance and they will know that you mean business. Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything else!

Property & Casualty Insurance

Kristen Mulcahy, CIC

My specialty is commercial insurance for business owners. I can answer questions regarding liability, property, auto, workers compensation, directors and officers, umbrellas and risk management for all types of businesses. Risk management, or loss control, is taking measures to reduce the chances of a loss in the first place or, helping to prevent a loss from happening again. Insurance can be complicated and confusing and there are no stupid questions! I am President of Western States Loss Control, Inc. and we provide insurance consultations to business owners and surveys/inspections for insurance companies in all states West of the Mississippi.

20+ years of industry experience.

Past President of SCIP Southern Connecticut Insurance Professionals, a chapter of International Association of Insurance Professionals.

Certified Insurance Counselor, 2001.