Property & Casualty Insurance/adjustor

Question
Can a insurance adjustor in the state of Missouri refer a contractor with/without the customer asking.

Answer
Kevin I do not know the laws in the state of MO. With that said, I would say NO, because it violates the consumers/customers rights and NO insurance company wants to be seen as doing that and no state wants to be known for promoting that. Check with your state insurance department and if I'm right and the answer is NO, but if it happened to you, file a complaint right then and there. ALL Insurance Companies have a duty to work in the best interest of their customer, the general public. If yours didn't, they're guilty of "Bad Faith", USE THOSE WORDS SPECIFICALLY wtih your Department of Insurance and they will know that you mean business. Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything else!

Kristen

Property & Casualty Insurance

Kristen Mulcahy, CIC