Property & Casualty Insurance/truck insurance


i need to get insurance for a oil company a fuel truck and vans


Federated Insurance Company is a company that specializes in Fuel Oil and other Petroleum based businesses. Quite frankly, they're one of the best at it. However, Harleysville Insurance Co. may provide this type of coverage too. Federated has their own agents/marketing reps so you'll need to find the one in your area by going to their website which is federatedinsurance dot com. Harleysville can be accessed through an Independent Agent in your area. Having an Independent Agent is a good thing as they have access to many markets and can handle anything you bring to the table. I would suggest contacting both and see who comes up with the best deal for you. Good luck!


Property & Casualty Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kristen Mulcahy, CIC


My specialty is commercial insurance for business owners. I can answer questions regarding liability, property, auto, workers compensation, directors and officers, umbrellas and risk management for all types of businesses. Risk management, or loss control, is taking measures to reduce the chances of a loss in the first place or, helping to prevent a loss from happening again. Insurance can be complicated and confusing and there are no stupid questions! I am President of Western States Loss Control, Inc. and we provide insurance consultations to business owners and surveys/inspections for insurance companies in all states West of the Mississippi.


20+ years of industry experience.

Past President of SCIP Southern Connecticut Insurance Professionals, a chapter of International Association of Insurance Professionals.

Certified Insurance Counselor, 2001.

©2017 All rights reserved.